A Belize International Business Company is an ideal corporate vehicle for international financial transactions, as the regulations and processes have been designed with the offshore investor in mind. Belize’s laws facilitate fast and effective incorporations and are the ideal jurisdiction for small, start-up international businesses.
There are a number of benefits attached to incorporating a Belize IBC:
- The time scale of incorporating a Belize IBC very quick taking approximately 2 business days to incorporate an offshore company (appostille of Belize company incorporation documents takes up to 3 working days which follows the incorporation of an offshore company in Belize).
- Low cost of a Belize company incorporation (it is only USD $930, including all government fees, a Belize company incorporation set with appostille, rubber stamp, first minutes and courier delivery) and maintenance (USD $450 paid annually, including registered office, registered agent and government fees).
- Belize IBC’s offer a high degree of privacy. Client confidentiality is entrenched in business and corporate legislation. In terms of potential risk of information disclosure to foreign governments Belize is probably one of the securest and most confidential of offshore jurisdictions.
- No tax at all except for annual government fees (USD $100), which has to be paid on time to keep a Belize offshore company registered.
- Belize IBC’s are free from any reporting requirements including annual audits.
- No requirement for a company secretary.
- A bank account can be open for an offshore company in Belize without Directors being present.
Incorporation of a Belize IBC is very efficient and can be completed within a matter of days. The International Business Companies Act (1990) provides the legal framework for thein corporation of a Belize IBC.
The summary below provides an overview of the process and the documents required.
- To form a Belize IBC an application form must be completed, signed and scanned containing information about a preferred name, details of directors and details of shareholders
- A beneficial owner declaration to be filled in, signed, scanned and sent to Eltoma
- A scanned copy of the passport for the directors and shareholders is required
- A scanned copy of proof of residence (utility bill, bank statement or bank reference not older than 3 month)
- At this point Eltoma will confirm the company name availability and issue an invoice
- It takes approximately 5 working days to fully incorporate an offshore company in Belize and up to 5 working days for a courier delivery
Content and cost of the service
Consulting on issues related to the company registration in Belize
Registration of a company in Belize
Obtaining of a company in Belize registration certificate
Provision of a legal address (for a period of 1 year)
Obtaining of a share certificate for a company in Belize
Registered agent, i.e. a person representing the company and interacting with government agencies in Belize
Obtaining of a company seal and registering it in accordance with the laws of Belize
Apostille affixing in the authorised bodies of Belize
Appointment of a nominee director (for a period of 1 year)
Appointment of a nominee shareholder (for a period of 1 year)
Bank account opening for a company in Belize
If you have any questions regarding incorporation in Belize, please contact our specialists: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The Service fees placed on the website are intended forgeneral information purposes only and may differ from the final quotation
**Some of the information stated may no longer reflect themost current legal developments