A combination of positive factors have made Cyprus a popular European jurisdiction to form a company, and in the last decade, the role of Cyprus in international tax planning has increased dramatically.
The admittance of Cyprus to the European Union in May 2004 has ensured advantages in terms of increased legitimacy and compliancy; Cyprus is now included in the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) White List. One of the major benefits of Cyprus is the Corporation Tax Rate; Cyprus has one of the lowest tax rates in the EU with a rate of 12.5% Corporation Tax.
Additional benefits of incorporating in Cyprus are listed below:
- The incorporation process for a Cyprus company is simple and straightforward. A Cyprus company can be incorporated with only one Director and Shareholder in addition and there are no restrictions on foreigners acting as Director or Shareholder. Prior to incorporating the name must be approved by the Registrar of Companies. Providing there are no companies with similar name approval will be granted quickly. Filing in English is permitted.
- Lowest corporation tax in Europe of 12.5%.
- Favourable tax regime for Cyprus holding companies, including no tax on consolidation, no controlled foreign company (CFC) rules, etc.
- No taxation on inward or outward dividends and no Capital Gain Tax (CGT) on sales of securities. Due to this many security traders have trading offices in Cyprus.
- There are more than 40 double tax treaties (DTT) concluded with other countries.
- A bank account for a Cyprus company can be open quickly and efficiently without the directors of the company being present. To open a bank account remotely notarisation and legalisation of documents of directors and shareholders of Cyprus company is required.
- Cyprus has adopted appropriate International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Detailed Service Price List- Cyprus Company Incorporation
Consultation regarding company structure and general registration in Cyprus
Registration of a company in Cyprus
Registration certificate for a Cyprus company
Provision of a legal address (for a period of 1 year)
Register of the company’s directors and shareholders preparation in accordance with the requirements of Cyprus
Obtaining of a share certificate for a company in Cyprus Islands
Notarisation of documents in Cyprus
Obtaining of a company seal and registering it in accordance with the laws of Cyprus
Affixed apostille certifying the authorised bodies in Cyprus
Appointment of a Nominee Director (for a period of 1 year)
Appointment of a Nominee Shareholder (for a period of 1 year)
Bank account opening for a company in Cyprus
If you have any questions regarding incorporation in Cyprus, please contact our specialists: email@example.com
* The Service fees placed on the website are intended for general information purposes only and may differ from the final quotation
**Some of the information stated may no longer reflect the most current legal developments