Eltoma’s experts have compiled some need to know information and we are happy to provide a complimentary downloadable guide to withholding tax Singapore in PDF format.
When income is paid to a non-resident of a country, it is usual for the country to collect tax from the non-resident; the payee is required to withhold tax before paying the net amount to the nonresident. It is a tax subsidised by a non-resident on income derived or deemed to be derived from Singapore. This tax is deducted at source which means that it is taken when an income arises and payment made.
Despite having one of the lowest corporate tax rates in the world, as a jurisdiction, Singapore still offers many incentives for investors including tax holidays and concessions, accelerated depreciation schemes, and favourable loan conditions to attract foreign investments.
1. Concept of withholding tax.
2. Income subject to withholding tax.
3. Withholding tax on interest.
4. Types of interest payments subject to withholding tax.
5. Withholding tax on royalties.
6. Royalty payments subject to withholding tax.
7. Rental income subject to withholding tax.
8. Withholding tax on management fees.
9. Withholding tax on services.
10. When to file and pay withholding tax.